As a private individual
"may, in the light of his fundamental rights under
Articles 7 and 8 of the Charter, request that the
information in question no longer be made available to the
general public on account of its inclusion in such a list of
results, those rights override, as a rule, not only the economic
interest of the operator of the search engine but also the
interest of the general public in having access to that
information upon a search relating to the data subject’s name."
-- European Court of Justice, May, 2014
Now that the Court has spoken, all that remains is to contact
the search provider with requests to remove or sequester specific
search results which are found when your name is the object of a
search. Some methods are better than others to complete this
request. Forget-me-Bot believes that the best way is to make
your request while generating documentation for your own records
(Americans call this a "paper trail", and generally speaking, the
greater the paper trail, the less American companies like it, but
the safer it is for individuals). Forget-me-Bot will help
you to complete and will submit your request that a search result
be removed from Google or Yahoo! and do it in such a manner
that you have a paper trail of the request.
A search provider may have its own interpretation of the
European Court's decision. By submitting a request for link
removal online you may be accepting the search provider's
definition of which links are eligible for removal, and this
could result in eligible search results not being removed.
Don't be fooled! Don't submit a removal request
online! Submit your request through Forget-me-Bot instead.
How does the process work?
- When you check out, payment for Forget-me-Bot is made
through Paypal. At that time, you will provide your
contact information including your name and email. You
will also have an opportunity to include a message.
Simply add the search link that you are contesting to the
message in Paypal when you pay Forget-me-Bot.
- Once the link is received with your Paypal payment, the
link will be confirmed by Forget-me-Bot. Confirmation
will take place using servers located in Europe. This
will confirm that the link is valid, and that a search
provider should be able to act upon it.
- Documentation of Forget-me-Bot's confirming search will
be collected by Forget-me-Bot.
- You will receive a form by email to be completed and
signed electronically, requesting removal of the search result
from the provider.
- When you complete and sign the form electronically and
return it, your request form, together with Forget-me-Bot's
documentation of the link will be forwarded to the search
- Forget-me-Bot sends you confirmation that your request
was communicated to the search provider.
How much does it cost?
Forget-me-Bot will process one (1) request for €10 or two (2)
requests for €18. This includes:
- confirming and documenting the link with Europe based
- providing a request form for you to complete, sign
electronically and return to Forget-me-Bot,
- submitting your request form and confirming documented
communication directly to the search provider responsible for
the search result you provide,
- providing documentation to you of all steps taken all
along the way.
How do we begin?
1. Start with a web search. Search for your name in the
search engine which returns the problem link.
Forget-me-Bot needs that problem link.
2. If the link you wish to contest is with Google, choose the
Google product following these instructions. If the link is
with Yahoo!, click the Yahoo! product.
3. Complete the Paypal Checkout as shown.
4. Paste the contested link in the Special Instructions
5. When Forget-me-Bot receives your Paypal payment with the
contested link and verifies the link, you will receive a document
by email for your electronic signature.
6. Complete the form as instructed and email it back to
7. Forget-me-Bot communicates your request to the search
8. Forget-me-Bot provides you with copies via email of all
documentation including confirmation of communication with the
I would like additional
Additional information is available in the FAQ.
Let's Get Started!
|I wish to contest a
link with Google
|I wish to contest a
link with Yahoo!
Share this on witter or acebook.